Argan oil, sometimes called liquid gold, offers an all in one beauty routine from head-to-toe. Loaded with fatty acids, anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins that promote overall health, moisture, softening and protection from sun damage, the Morocco native is a go-to beauty elixir, free of toxins and parabens.
Often seen as “Moroccan oil,” argan comes from a nut that grows only in Southwestern Morocco. The nuts are hand-cracked with two stones by local Berber women in fair-trade cooperatives, a centuries-old technique. Rather than running it through a machine, the raw argan kernels are hand-extracted from the shell, hand-ground in a stone grinder, hand-kneaded for hours and first cold-pressed. One liter of oil takes one woman 3 days to make, which is why it’s so valuable. Argan is also sustainable since the forest in Morocco became a UNESCO-protected biosphere in 1998.
Below are some ways argan oil can be used for skin and hair:
1. Face Moisturizer: Moisturize with a few drops of argan, massing onto face and neck after cleansing morning and/or night. As it’s a dry oil, it quickly absorbs and doesn’t leave a greasy film. As a dry oil, it quickly absorbs and does not leave a greasy film. Argan can also be used as a serum under night cream.
2. Hydrating Toner: Drop some argan oil into your daily toner to tone and hydrate simultaneously, or create your own toner with a few drops of argan in orange blossom or rose water.
3. Brightening and rejuvenating face mask: Add a new drops of argan to your mask, or create your own with 3 drops of argan oil, 3 teaspoons of Greek-style yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply on a clean, dry face, leave on for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
4. Face Glow: Mix in 1-2 drops of argan oil into your foundation, bronzer or tinted moisturizer for a luminous, dewy glow.
5. Body and Bath Oil: Massage a few drops into your skin, drop into the bath, or mix into body lotion for extra conditioning oomph. Argan oil is also gentle and safe for babies, and helps to minimize stretch marks!
6. Exfoliating Lip Scrub and Moisturizer: Add a few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract to fine brown sugar. In a circular motion, lightly massage into lips and rinse off for smooth, moisturized lips.
7. Cuticle and Heel Softener: Nourish cuticles and encourage nail growth with argan oil, or use it as an overnight treatment to nurture cracked heels by working a good amount onto your feet and covering with socks.
1. Hair Styling Shine: Argan oil tames frizz and adds shine to dry hair. Using a few drops, run your fingers through your hair for a flawless mane.
2. Leave-in Conditioner: Comb argan oil into damp hair, focusing on the ends and scalp to hydrate. This is especially beneficial for hair that undergoes daily blow-drying, curling or straightening.
3. Overnight Hair Treatment: Rub argan oil into hair, focusing on ends and scalp, and sleep with it wrapped overnight. Wash your hair in the morning for soft, luminous locks.
Warning: Missing argument 1 for cwppos_show_review(), called in /home/nikeloja/public_html/wp-content/themes/flat/content-single.php on line 29 and defined in /home/nikeloja/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-product-review/includes/legacy.php on line 18
Notice: Undefined variable: post_id in /home/nikeloja/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-product-review/includes/legacy.php on line 20